Casting Call Details
Date: April 6, 2019
Times: 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 pm
Location: Unitarian Church, 60 Clinton Ave, Staten Island NY
(the SI 44 bus stops on Clinton Ave, just 3-blocks from the Church; walk down toward the water. Enter through front; look for the balloons)
We are holding auditions for two videos for women and men:
a. Faces of Breast Cancer
b. Messages of Hope
See details below. Note: auditions are for EVERYONE. You do not need to be an actor/actress to join us. It’s simple. Men, women, kids are encouraged to attend.
Faces of Breast Cancer:
Our “Faces of Breast Cancer” video is only for women (and men) who have been diagnosed with breast cancer. Individuals with a physician’s letter stating they have breast cancer, will be moved to the front of the audition line.
If you cannot make the audition or are not in New York City, you are welcome to send us a picture to be included in the Faces of Breast Cancer video. Please follow these simple instructions:
- Picture should be landscape (horizontal) not portrait. If doing a selfie, please hold your phone sideways. (Think wide angle.)
- Include your shoulders and at least an inch on either side.
- Yes, you may send a loved one’s picture who’s passed. Please let us know that in your email; giving us permission to use their picture.
- Only one person per photo
- Women and men of any age, with or without hair, who have been diagnosed with breast cancer are welcome to submit their photo. (And those without as well.)
- NO logos on your shirt/blouse. (Note: Anyone attending the audition with a letter from their physician stating they have breast cancer, on physician Email the picture to us through a weTransfer link that we may download the photo. Send the weTranfer email to info@cancerTamer.org
Messages of Hope Video:
For our, “Messages of Hope Video”, we are looking for women (and men) with breast cancer, as well as family and friends (any age), medical/holistic providers and loved ones to provide a few words of encouragement for those who’ve been diagnosed with breast cancer. These videos will be 60-seconds or less. When attending audition:
- you must be camera ready (hair & make-up done before arriving.)
- NO green clothing or busy prints.
- NO logos on clothing.
We reserve the right to edit video messages as deemed appropriate.
If you are unable to attend live, you may send a 60-second video to us via weTransfer use our email to forward it to: info@cancerTamer.org. Please use the h Subject Line: Video for Messages of Hope.
By participating in our videos, you understand and agree that there will be NO compensation provided for your participation now nor in the future. You are of legal age to participate. You affirm the picture or video is of you and you have sole copyright of the same and are relinquishing all rights to the photo and/or video. The use of your photo or message, is at the sole discretion of Cancer Tamer and may be edited and used on all our media sites, TV show, and with collaborating agencies.
If you are interested in attending the upcoming Casting Call being held in Staten Island, NY or emailing us, please do so to our email. This is an open casting call. First come basis. Note: You DO NOT have to be an actor/actress.
Questions, email us at info@cancerTamer.org with Subject Line: Casting Call Breast Cancer Diaries — The Play.
MEN with breast cancer are welcome to apply and encouraged to attend!!!
Discount tickets are on sale for a limited time
|Early Bird Discount Ticket Purchases
VIP/Cast Party includes:Play, DJ dance party, cash bar, special goodie bags, and more!
Breast Cancer Diaries – The Play is made possible (in part) by a DCA Premier Grant from Staten Island Arts, with public funding from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs.
March 19, 2019